HDP: Travelling Around Australia, Week 25

‘All that glitters is not gold!’

We’ve been travelling now for almost six months!

Whilst I’ve had comments to say I’m lucky doing what I’m doing and don’t get me wrong, I know I am – it comes at a price!

Right now, I feel as if I’ve committed a crime and am on solitary confinement roaming the wilderness on our own as punishment 😦

I feel sad and lonely!

YOU guys have amazed me with your support and comments. YOU’ve kept my spirits up when it’s faltered, but now, that’s not enough!

I need to go home.

To my family;

To familiar faces and places;

To coffee and chats with friends;

To a moderate climate;

To less heat and dust;

To be nurtured.

My soul is weary. My heart has stopped singing.

This week, there are no photos of this amazing country. No wildlife. No wilderness. No waterfalls. No reflections.

This week there’s only the sadness in my heart!

Advertisements

About Retired2Travel

My passion has been for many, many years landscape photography so when the chance came up to retire early, in order to travel, I took it! It made sense then to marry the two (travel and photography) and create this blog. I hope you enjoy it :)
Image | This entry was posted in Australia, Hump Day Post, Photography, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to HDP: Travelling Around Australia, Week 25

1. I’m not sure where ‘home’ is for you, but I’m guessing you need to make tracks to get there. 🙂 Traveling is a wonderful thing, but one of the best parts is going home. Keep us posted and take some shots on your way home even if it is of a bus, train, or plane. 🙂 Safe travels.

Liked by 1 person

2. Amy says:

What a fabulous adventure you had. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos and travel stories.

Liked by 1 person

• It’s been my pleasure Amy, to share my journey. I’m still a long way from home and no doubt will continue to share it. The key now is to adjust my mind set so that I know I’m going home and pick up my joy. 😊

3. MmrliRuddy says:

Maybe look for something familiar where you are. Sometimes it’s the being away that makes us appreciate home. So sorry for you sadness. Sending you a hug 😊

Liked by 1 person

4. You carry at least two other people with you every single place you roam. Just remember we’re right beside you. Xx

Liked by 1 person

5. macmsue says:

I’m always surprised by the people who can happily travel for years with no thoughts of going “back home”. I hope you can get back a little of the excitement you felt when you set off on your journey and it stays with you all the way back home. 3000 kms sounds a very long way but there are so many things just waiting to grab your attention along the way. Maybe you can treat yourselves to a little “luxury” like a cabin or Motel on the way back, I find that really gives me a lift.

Liked by 2 people

6. Debbie H says:

So sorry to hear that you are feeling sad and lonely. I hope things brighten up for you soon. Travelling is hard work although fun at times, it can be very stressful. Take it easy 😊

Liked by 1 person

7. Sammy D. says:

Oh I’m so sorry! I can’t imagine being in tge road as long as you have. I cry for home after a week even when I’m living new places. How ling till you rest in your own bed? Drink from your own cup? Say goodnight to the moon and ‘your’ stars?

Liked by 1 person

8. kazg10 says:

On no Sonia… I am sure this too will pass, you are just tired and weary from the hard yakka that is required of a holiday. Perhaps a visit to the family and then back will be the boost you need. Sometimes we must be careful for what we wish for, the wide open spaces, no rush, all the time in the world… but we forget that’s not all we yearn, family and familiarity and routine which we take a little for granted on a day to day basis, when free of these we realise how much we need them in our lives. Everything in moderation. Pack your bags, fly home, visit and then come back rejuvenated ready for the next adventure. xx

Liked by 1 person

9. Why so glum, chum? Relax. Take a break. It’s just a bit of travel exhaustion depression. You’re retired now. Remember how much you were looking forward to this life. What you think you’re missing is only an illusion. Soon you’ll be back to your old self!

10. Thanks for the pep talk there. I relate with three words: ‘Travel’, ‘Exhaustion’ & ‘Depression’!. I hope to be my old self again 🙂

11. Dear Retired2Travel,
    I remember following your blog when I first started mine about 3 years ago. Your posts never appeared in my e mails or Reader. I am going to sign-up again. I guess I’ve missed your travels. I’ll be back to enjoy them. 😊
    I like to take vacations. I like to get away because I have a curiosty about other places and people. My time limit is 3 weeks. I’m like Dorothy from the ‘Wizard of Oz’ I feel that there’s no place like home. I don’t miss family, friends or acquaintances. I miss my space. The energy that is me in every room. The familiar visuals that I created. My vibrations hugging me and soothing my soul. I can only have that when I’m home.
    It’s time … go home !!!
    Blessings and Safe Trip Home …
    Isadora 😎

Liked by 1 person

12. RuthsArc says:

Oh Sonia. I hope you soon get some energy and positivity back. Skype, FaceTime, email family and friends as much as possible. Use familiar items, a favourite mug, re-red a favourite book. Do take care of yourself as you reduce the miles towards home. Wishing you safe travels, cooler days and happier times. Take care.

Liked by 1 person

• Thank you Ruth for your kind words. I have been FaceTiming my family, which has been awesome. Friends – have been interesting with their contacts! I’ll work on taking care of myself and head for cooler climate. Thanks again! 🙂

Liked by 1 person